Temporary Support and Relief

Can I obtain temporary support from my spouse while the divorce case is pending? In Florida, either spouse can request temporary visitation, custody, child support, spousal support, and attorney’s fees. In seeking temporary relief it is imperative you consult with a knowledgeable attorney. At Parker & DuFresne, P.A. we will discuss all aspects of temporary relief and support and assess each party’s income, assets, and needs so you can seek the amount of temporary support and relief to which you are entitled.

Temporary relief orders settle emergency issues during a divorce case or clear up questions about the rights and responsibilities of the divorcing parties. There are a number of issues which your family law attorneys at Parker & DuFresne, P.A. can help you resolve through temporary relief.

  • Freezing Assets stops your spouse from spending or hiding common marital assets before the divorce is finalized. IRA accounts, pension accounts, bank accounts, business assets, or other financial accounts may be frozen so that common marital property is preserved.
  • Temporary Alimony may be asked for when you have financial difficulties during the divorce process. Your spouse could provide financial support until the divorce is finalized.
  • Temporary Child Support may become necessary if your spouse refuses to contribute voluntarily during the divorce process. You can get financial support for children under the age of 18 until there is a final agreement on how the child support will eventually be provided.
  • Temporary Custody can be requested when there are disagreements concerning child custody after you and your spouse have separated. Temporary guidelines are established.
  • Domestic Violence Injunctions provide protection for you and your child(ren) from abuse or harassment by your spouse. They may include provisions for removing the abusive spouse from the residence.
  • Temporary Denial of Passport Services or Temporary Orders Regarding Removal of Minor Children may be necessary when you are concerned that your spouse might attempt to remove the child (ren) from the State of Florida or from the United States in an effort to hide or deny you contact and access.
  • Temporary Attorney’s Fees and Litigation Expenses helps you pay costs accrued during the divorce process. If you are not financially able to afford an attorney but your spouse is well able to provide those funds for you, the Court can be requested to award you those funds.

In addition, temporary relief can resolve issues concerning, health insurance coverage as well as use and occupancy of the marital home.

Parker & DuFresne, P.A. serves clients in Duval, St. Johns, Clay, and Nassau counties. If you are dealing with temporary support and relief issues, it is imperative that you be pro-active in seeking the legal advice and representation of an experienced Parker & DuFresne, P.A. attorney as soon as possible. Waiting to do so could negatively impact your ability to achieve a positive resolution to the matter. Protect your legal rights by contacting Parker & DuFresne, P. A. at 904.733.7766 or at http://www.jaxlawcenter.com to schedule a free and confidential consultation. At Parker & DuFresne, P.A., our skilled family law attorneys are ready to represent and protect your interests during temporary support and relief proceedings.